호텔 진잔소 도쿄의 ‘지금’・볼거리
Recharge amid Nature at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo: COVID-19 Infection Prevention Measures
As of July 25, 2020, Japan has been dealing with comparatively fewer cases of COVID-19 infection than many other countries. Nonetheless, everyone living in Japan is on high alert. The state of emergency, declared by the government of Japan at the beginning of April, was lifted in June and business resumed in almost all sectors of the national economy. In every domain of social life, measures and precautions are taken to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. For more details on the overall situation in Japan, please refer to this special page launched by NHK, updated daily with the latest information.
At the moment, there are international travel restrictions in place that limit the entry of foreign nationals to Japan. Please check the official travel advisory and the latest information released by the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) for updates on the situation.
Domestic travel is accepted, however, and accommodation and entertainment facilities countrywide have implemented measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visitors are kindly asked to cooperate by wearing masks, sanitizing their hands and maintaining physical distance.
If you feel the need to relax in a nature-filled environment not far away from the city, how about enjoying a stay at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo? Their expansive garden is the ideal place to recharge. For the peace of mind of all guests, the hotel has implemented new rules of operation to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Precautions Implemented at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo has taken a series of measures in order to ensure the guests’ safety. These precautions have been implemented at all the levels of service, from room maintenance to restaurants and recreation facilities.
- The staff’s health is monitored daily.
- All the members of the staff wear masks while on duty. Some of the staff are also wearing gloves as an increased measure of infection prevention.
- The rooms are thoroughly disinfected after check-out.
- The luggage-carry and pick-up service are temporarily suspended.
- Room service is available upon request. Please note that the room service menu is limited.
- The garden of Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo can now be accessed only by hotel guests and patrons of the restaurants within the hotel precincts.
- The guests are encouraged to maintain physical distance from other guests.
- The Pagoda Lounge is temporarily closed. The hotel encourages the use of its outdoor facilities such as the beer garden and the champagne garden.
- There is a limit to the number of persons using the elevator at the same time.
Restaurants, lounges, and other dining facilities
- The buffet-style dining service is temporarily suspended.
- The restaurant spaces, including the individual private rooms, are kept well-ventilated at all times.
- The equipment and contact surfaces are regularly sanitized.
- The staff maintains physical distance from the guests and there are restrictions on the time that guests may spend inside each facility.
Spa facilities and gym
- The gym facilities can be used only until 22:00.
- The spa facilities are available upon prior reservation. Special care is taken to prevent the facilities from getting crowded. Guests can visualize the number of persons that are currently on premises on the screen set up at the entrance.
- Only a limited number of accommodation plans that include access to the spa facilities are available.
Cultural experiences and tours
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo gives guests the chance to experience traditional Japanese culture such as tea ceremonies, kimono wearing, samurai training, and Japanese language lessons. These experiences are available upon request.
- A complimentary garden tour is available for guests staying at the hotel. The approx. 30-minute tour should be booked in advance. From October 1, 2020, guests have the option to take this tour using an audio guide with multilingual support.
Rules of Etiquette for an Enjoyable Stay at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo kindly asks all guests to cooperate with the staff in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All guests will have their hands sanitized with an alcohol-based substance at the entrance and will also have their body temperatures measured. If two measurements indicate a body temperature higher than 37.5 C degrees, the guest may not be granted permission to stay at the hotel. We kindly ask for your understanding. All guests are required to fill in and sign a health check sheet (available in Japanese and English).
Guests are kindly asked to wear masks while in the public areas of the hotel, including the outdoor communal spaces and the garden, with the exception of the times when they are bathing or eating.
During check-in or check-out procedures, guests are asked to stand behind the physical distancing markings. Guests are encouraged to avoid getting too close to other guests out of consideration for the others’ safety and well-being.
It is important to abide by the new social rules brought about by the risk of COVID-19 infection in order to ensure that we and the people around us stay healthy.
We Emphasize the Importance of Staying Connected to Nature
In these challenging times, getting enough rest and relaxing in a nature-filled environment away from crowds are key elements for our emotional balance.
If you live in or near Tokyo and are hesitant about taking a trip too far away, a stay at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo is the ideal travel experience close to home. The expansive garden of the hotel offers guests the chance to reconnect with nature.
Established more than one century ago, the garden offers splendid scenery that changes with the seasons. Each of the impressive architectural monuments inside represent a different era in the history of Japan. A place full of history and beautiful nature, this garden offers guests quiet moments of relaxation, along with the chance to travel centuries past.
This summer, Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo opened a beer garden and a champagne garden that allow guests to enjoy quality beverages and snacks safely outdoors whilst contemplating the vibrant green hues of the season.
The colors of the garden start changing in November and December, giving way to the fabulous spectacle of fall colors–another scenery that should not be missed.
Nature can be a source of inner strength and relief in these times when we need to find the power to embrace change with calm and hope. One of the best places to reconnect with nature in the heart of the metropolis is the garden of Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo. It is a place where our guests can take a deep breath and realize that nature follows its own rhythm as always, unfolding its beauty in every season.